Baked Cinnamon Doughnuts
Baked Cinnamon Doughnuts- With their golden cinnamon crusts, warm doughnuts have us jumping for joy.😋😋🍩🍩🍩
For the Doughnuts Dough:
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dried yeast
- 5 tablespoons butter,
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stick cinnamon (ground)
For the Dough:
- Mix the flour, yeast, sugar and salt together in a standing mixer with the dough hook.
- Heat together the milk, water, and butter until lukewarm, and the butter is melted. Stir in the vanilla.
- Turn the machine on low and slowly add the milk mixture. Mix for 2 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Run a spatula under the dough to make sure everything is mixed well.
- Increase the speed to medium and mix until the dough is shiny and smooth for about 6-8 minutes. The dough is supposed to be wet.
- Rub your mixing bowl with vegetable oil. Place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat lightly.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap tightly and let the dough rise until doubled, 1 ½ -2 hours.
- Once it has risen, turn out the fluffy dough onto a floured work surface.
- Roll out to ½ “ thick.
- Using a round cutter ( I used 3”, but you can use smaller), cut off your doughnuts circles. Dust your cutter in flour, so it doesn’t stick to the dough. Then cut out the doughnut hole with a much smaller cutter ( I used a piping nozzle, 1 ¼“ )
- If you want to make doughnuts to stuff with Jelly or Nutella, then cut plain round doughnuts (I used 2 ½” cutter)
- TIP: You can prepare the doughnuts to this stage and put in the refrigerator until the next day. When needed, take out and let me come to room temp and rise a little (roughly 30 minutes) and then bake off as instructed below—fresh doughnuts for breakfast.
- Cover your doughnuts with cling film and let them rise at room temp for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 350oF (180oC)
- Unwrap the doughnuts. Brush the very top (not the sides) with melted butter. Sprinkle the tray with 2 tbsp of water.
- Bake for 13 minutes, set a timer. Rotate tray during baking if needed to get colour all over. You want to bake these just enough. If they get too much colour, they can dry.
- Mix the cinnamon, sugar and salt together. Dip the baked doughnuts in melted butter and then coat in cinnamon sugar.
- Enjoy your warm doughnut!
0 comments on “Baked Cinnamon Doughnuts”Add yours →